Virginia Kearney 4 days agofrom United States
Elvira, if your topic is about a person with potenital, you are probably not doing a problem solution essay. You are writing a reflection essay and I have an article which gives all of the instructions you will need, including information about how to do the introduction. Here is the link to that article:https://owlcation.com/humanities/How-to-Write-a-Re...
Elvira 4 days ago
How can I start writing my essay topic is about Aperson with potential.I don't know how to start.can you please help me?
Virginia Kearney 3 weeks agofrom United States
Kanika--It is a good idea to turn your topic into a question and an answer. Here are some examples:
What is the effect of divorce on young children (or teenagers or college students)? Your answer would be your thesis. Another topic idea could be:
What is the effect of divorce on men (or women)?
What is the effect of divorce on a person's work? See my article on how to write a cause effect paper.
Kanika 3 weeks ago
Can you help me to find topic sentence on,Effect of divorce?
Virginia Kearney 4 weeks agofrom United States
Sayed Abid sadat 4 weeks ago
Hi! I need your help to select my topic on information technology to write my artical. thank you
Virginia Kearney 6 weeks agofrom United States
Hi Mr. Johnson, I have everything you might need for writing a college essay on my website. You can look on my profile page or search for my articles on: choosing a topic; writing a thesis and topic sentences; how to organize and write different kinds of essays; using commas and semicolons correctly; easy words to use as sentence starters to write better essays and much more. I have over 100 articles about writing to help you out!
Dick Johnson 6 weeks ago
Hi! I Have An Assignment I Have To Do In My College Class On Friday And I Was Looking For Some Advise! Thanks!
Richard Cranium 6 weeks ago
This website helped my child with her homework.
Virginia Kearney 7 weeks agofrom United States
I have many articles on different subjects for you to look at. Many of the ones in this article would work fine but you can also look at my articles which are specifically for high school students. A good paper idea is one that interests you and it will be easier to write if you immediately can think of your opinion on that topic and some examples you can use from your own life, something you've read, current news or an example from literature, a movie or another video.
Stupid Pickle 7 weeks ago
I have to write an essay for English is there any topics that you would recommend for a high school freshman
tommy wensyel 2 months ago
this article was very helpful and it wasn t bias my english teacher wanted us to write an essay. it was really helpful i got a lot of good ideas
Jawaher 2 months ago
How can get out bad relationship
Virginia Kearney 3 months agofrom United States
Hi Trang--I have a lot of information to help you write your paper. Look for my articles about how to write argument, problem solution and proposal papers. In order to discuss two solutions, you just need to think about two possible answers to the question that have not yet been done. For example, in the question "How can students get enough good sleep each night?" two good answers that are equal would be: making a schedule for work and sleep, and using a technology device like a cell phone or fitbit that tracks sleep patterns.
Trang Phan 3 months ago
my writing teacher asks me to choose a pro-solution topic that is practically related to student life. After that i have to draw out two solutions which are equal to each other.It means that both of them can not be currently done. it seems so difficult
sssssss 4 months ago
How can healthcare be ensured for everyone around the world?
Damtaodu 5 months ago
How do one respond to new challenges and adapting to a different environment, living without familiar amenities, interacting with new and different types of people and studying intensively among others.
Virginia Kearney 6 months agofrom United States
Hi Kashymawoh--I'm glad you've decided on a topic for your essay. You can find everything you need to know about writing it by looking at my other articles on writing problem solution essays and writing argument essays. If you don't see the link for that, search in my profile, which you can find on the top right of the page.
kashymawoh 6 months ago
hi Virginia, i am writing an essay on solving unemployment issues in Nigeria, kindly assist me.
Virginia Kearney 7 months agofrom United States
Hi Cassandra! After you choose your topic, be sure to look at my article about how to write a solution essay. I give all the instructions you should need. If you want help revising or with punctuation, you can find articles on those topic too.
Cassandra Pines 7 months ago
I need to write a 6-7 page essay about a social movement. I don't know how to start
Virginia Kearney 9 months agofrom United States
Hi, Sparsh, Your best help would be to look at my other articles about how to write problem solution essays and argument essays. You might also like to look at my articles on Toulmin, Rogerian and Classical argument strategies. These articles include specific instruction on how to organize and outline your essay as well as how to argue effectively for your solution. In addition, they provide samples with commentary on why these work. Finally, you ought to look at my articles on how to write a great thesis and topic sentences. You can find these by searching for my name on Letterpile, or by looking on my profile page. I have over 100 articles on writing to help you out.
SPARSH AGARWAL 9 months ago
I am preparing for writing section of PCAT exam. In the writing section, there are generally problem solution essays. It is my humble request if you could provide me with a source where there are more of problem solution sample essays, so that I can prepare accordingly and practice writing on the problems mentioned above.
Virginia Kearney 11 months agofrom United States
Problems with health can be related to disease or preventative measures like diet and exercise. Here are some easy health-related topics: How can a person with Celiac disease best manage their diet? How can students best exercise and eat to be healthy? What are the best strategies to avoid illness? How can people avoid heart disease? What is the best way to stay healthy if you have diabetes?
poo 11 months ago
i want a health related topic. like people should be concerned about their health. but what problem can i state?
Stevie Glenn 12 months agofrom Minneapolis
Great topics on education! Good sources for quick education articles.
Chris Velo 14 months ago
Thank you for all the topics to write on; I would read one section thinking that I couldn't write anything only to discover a few points I had to make into a quick essay.
Virginia Kearney 14 months agofrom United States
Hi Colleen--I'd suggest you look at my Non-Profit Research Paper article for help.https://hubpages.com/literature/Research-Paper-on-...
Colleen 14 months ago
I have a Critical Analysis & Research Writing paper due the assignment is A Good for A Community: A Research Based-Solution Essay I am having the most difficult time with this. Can you help?
Virginia Kearney 15 months agofrom United States
KyLie--That is an interesting idea. The departmental final exam for my students included a question about this topic. I will see if I can add some to the list.
KyLie 15 months ago
I would like some topics on the death of Harambe the gorilla....
Karla 16 months ago
Should have a topic about animal abuse or cruelty!
Bangladesh Page 2 years ago
Here is a lot of topics to write on. It really makes me think to write something on the topics. There are some topics here I never thought that an essay can be written! Thanks for sharing.
Virginia Kearney 2 years agofrom United States
Hi Zero, I don't exactly understand what you want. Perhaps you mean you want to write an essay about "How to find a good job?" or "Solving the difficult problem of finding a good job?"
Virginia Kearney 2 years agofrom United States
Hi mtariqsattar--I actually have also written articles about how to write essays of many types. You can search for this on Hubpages or just look for the links next to my topic ideas articles.
Tariq Sattar 2 years agofrom Karachi
Hi there VirginiaLynne, I don't know how to start but you nailed it and you seem to possess command over topics. You do justify what you have said in your profile.
Anyway, I enjoyed reading your hub - it is helpful to those who are seeking to teach essay at the college or university level, and those who want to writer such a genre of essay. That is problem-solution essay.
I would ask though about the tips to writing an essay quickly and accurately at the same time. How should you as an essay writer achieve both ends?
Virginia Kearney 2 years agofrom United States
Thanks for the ideas Jaime--I may think about putting some solution ideas into another article.
b.s.s 2 years ago
Wow!! What a great topics
Virginia Kearney 2 years agofrom United States
So glad Symphony Dunbar that you are using my site to get good ideas. You must be doing a good job writing those essays too!
Symphony Dunbar 2 years ago
I love this site. I come on here, get a topic, write an essay, get an A+, just like that!
sera 3 years ago
Thanks it helped so much
Maria Cuevas 3 years ago
I would really like environment issues. It is very passionate among many.
Virginia Kearney 3 years agofrom United States
Hi Justin--Glad this helped you. I have a 5th grade daughter and two daughters in 7th. I used to teach 6th grade myself and know that you are learning a lot about writing!
justin 3 years ago
I really like the questions for the problem and solution it makes me want to improve some mistakes I made.P.S. I'm a 6th grader.
Tessa 3 years ago
Awesome website! I'm definitely going to use one of these topics. Helped a lot. Thanks!!!!!
Hyder 3 years ago
How "Education is solution all our problem" I want to write essay this topic anyone help me
Ova ELai 3 years ago
I would like a topic on counselling a teenage who thinks is having a sexually transmitted disease or HIV
Virginia Kearney 3 years agofrom United States
Thanks Ashley--I will write some topics about that!
Ashley 3 years ago
Military life topics would be great!
djelke16 3 years ago
Great topics! Thank you so much.
Dottie 4 years ago
Thank you! This was so helpful!
Rachel 4 years ago
This website is perfect! Helped me a lot, thanks!
Lcarter 4 years ago
Virginia Kearney 4 years agofrom United States
So glad I helped you Kaiya! I know that getting the right topic and finding some good information can really help someone overcome that writer's block that makes starting an essay so hard!
kaiya123 4 years ago
This helped a ton! Anyone of these topics could easily be well written, being that there is so much information about each topic. I seriously couldn't have thought of any of these topics, and this definitely helped my essay. There was many topics to choose from, depending on the area you are interested in. It made me think about what I really wanted to write about! Thanks so much!!! :)
Maria Jordan 4 years agofrom Jeffersonville PA
A meaty and worthwhile list of subjects for anyone to pursue...most thought provoking and interesting topics. Excellent job.
Voted UP and UAI. Hugs, Maria
SaM 4 years ago
This HELPED a lot! Thanks!
Pamela Oglesby 4 years agofrom United States
You really thought of so many valid topic that are all worthy of discussion. Anyone of this topic could easily be written about and really there are so many problems, it is a bit overwhelming, but then we must start somewhere. This is a great idea for a hub and no one should have to have writer's block anymore. Voted up and useful.
Do you know what a problem solution essay is? If not, then the first thing to know is that you should start by looking at a number of topics before choosing one that is suitable. After that, you will need to:
- Provide a detailed explanation of the problem;
- Recommend a suitable solution;
- Develop an argument that shows your solution is practical, capable of being achieved and cost-efficient;
- Say why your suggested solution is the best one.
Are you finding it difficult to choose a topic for your problem and solution essay? Take a look at the following list of ideas. Do not forget you can adapt any of these suggestions to suit your own purpose or circumstances.
Is driving a passion of yours? If it is, then the following problem and solution essay topics may interest you.
- How should people who are caught texting when driving be punished?
- Are there any improvements that could be made in your area to make driving a less stressful and more pleasant experience?
- How can parking be improved in a congested or busy area you are familiar with?
- Can people be taught to become better drivers and, if so, how?
- Should the use of public transport be better promoted and what incentives should people be given to use it?
- Are there any changes that could or should be made to existing speed limits and traffic laws to encourage better driving?
- Is the education for learner-drivers in your state good enough or is there room for improvement?
- Could the learner-driver laws in the state you live in be improved so that people become better and more careful drivers?
- What do you consider to be the most serious driving violations and is there any way these can be eradicated?
- How do you think deaths related to drink-driving can be prevented?
Topics on College Life
This problem solution essay topics list relates to college life where there are usually a number of good and bad issues to consider.
- Can students become better at exams and tests and, if so, how?
- Is there any way of reducing student procrastination?
- How can homesickness be dealt with most effectively?
- Is there an effective way to balance work, study and an active social life?
- Can college environments be made safer? How?
- Recommend ways of reducing stress amongst college students.
- What is the best criterion for choosing a college?
- Is it difficult for parents to let their children go when they begin college and what are the most effective ways to let go?
- What can students do to encourage their parents to given them their independence?
- How would you help a suicidal friend?
- What is the best way of asking or getting your parents to increase your allowance?
- What is the best way of dealing with problematic roommates?
- Is there anything you can do if those in the dormitory or apartment next to you are too noisy?
- When students start college, what should they do to maintain a healthy lifestyle and diet?
- Is there any way of making college education less costly for students? Should at least part of student education be government-funded?
- What is the best way of coping when something a student hopes for does not happen, for example, if they don’t get the scholarship they hoped for or a place on the course they wanted?
- Are there any ways of improving attentiveness in class?
- Are there any study techniques a student can use to improve their grades?
- What are the most effective ways of managing attendance e.g. at lectures, classes, etc.?
- How can colleges help students when they fall behind and should a student’s parents be allowed to know their grades?
- What are the best ways of managing student finances?
- How can students stay fit and healthy if their favorite sport isn’t offered at their new college?
- How can colleges encourage students to actively take part in politics and elections on campus?
- How should students decide whether to rush a sorority or fraternity?
Topics on Education
Here is another list of problem solution essay topics for college students.
- What can be done to provide students who are especially talented or gifted with suitable education?
- How should schools cater for special-needs students in order to serve them better?
- What is the best way of dealing with students who are disruptive and/or have behavioral problems?
- Should other languages such as Chinese or Arabic become compulsory for every student?
- What is the best way of making home-schooled students ready for college?
- Is there any way college education can be improved for students who have learning difficulties?
- How should cheating at school be handled and are there any preventative steps that can be taken?
- What is the best way of helping children who are failing in class or finding it difficult to keep up at school?
- Should schools do anything to address child obesity and, if so, what can they do?
- Should all schools operate by the same core curriculum and what do you suggest that curriculum contain?
- Should schools focus more on physical education (PE) with a view to building healthier and fitter communities?
- Should colleges and schools put more funding and resources into sports, fine arts and similar activities?
- How could your school or college be improved?
- What could or should be done to tackle bullying, violence and other types of anti-social activities in schools?
- Should conventional textbooks be replaced with digital media? Is there a case for every student having an iPad or laptop? Are schools adapting well to changing technologies?
Parenting and Family Matters
Parents and family are something every writer identifies with so here are a few topic ideas, which may help, especially if you are just learning how to write a problem solution essay.
- If parents are to help their children avoid eating disorders, how can they encourage them develop a healthy view of their bodies?
- Do you believe parents are responsible for their children’s body weight and how can families with obese children be helped?
- Is it important for parents to teach religion to their children and how can they do this?
- How can parents teach their offspring to manage money effectively?
- How can parents manage the way their children use cell phones and other technologies such as social media?
- How should parents discipline children and what are the most effective ways of doing this?
- Are there any ways that adoption rules should be changed so that children are given the opportunity of a loving family before they outgrow the welfare system?
- What is the best advice for parents who put too much pressure on children to achieve?
- What is the best way of helping families to cope with a child who has a mental illness?
Topics on Relationships
Everyone is concerned in some way with relationships. The following are some ideas that may help with your problem solution essays.
- What are the best ways of removing barriers so that we can communicate better with people who differ from ourselves in terms of culture, race and socioeconomic circumstances?
- What are the best ways of dealing with people who are manipulative and/or domineering?
- What advice would you offer someone in an unhealthy or unsuitable relationship?
- If you thought your friend was making poor lifestyle choices, what advice would you give them?
- Do you think texting has affected personal relationships for better or worse? Should or can anything be done to make sure the modern generation understands the difference between “real” and “virtual” relationships?
- Is there anything individuals and society as a whole can do to move away from stereotyping and racism?
- How would you help someone with depression symptoms?
- When a relationship is ready to move on from “friendship,” what is the best way to achieve this?
- What is the best way for a woman to let a man know she likes him? Do you think she should suggest a date?
Topics on Society
- What are the best ways of preventing divorce?
- What are the best ways of preventing teenage pregnancy?
- What are the best ways of eliminating or preventing racism?
- What is the best way of helping homeless people?
- How can young people be prevented from trying or using drugs?
- What are the best ways of helping those who suffer domestic or family violence?
- How can the number of deaths caused by drink driving be reduced or prevented?
- How can young people be encouraged to drive more safely?
- Modern media is often accused of portraying too much violence and making pornography too easily available. How can children be protected from the adverse effects of these?
- What can be done to improve literacy?
- What can be done to encourage people to live healthier lives e.g. by taking more exercise, not smoking, etc.?
- What are the best ways of helping school and college leavers to find employment?
- How should the increase in gun-type crime be tackled?
- How can prisoners be rehabilitated so that they become valuable members of society?
- What is the best way of dealing with illegal immigrants?
- What is the best way of dealing with terrorism?
- When a couple divorce, how can society help their children succeed academically, be happy and build solid relationships and/or marriages?
- What changes can be made to the welfare system to help people get out of poverty?
- What can be done to eliminate people trafficking?
- How can society strike a balance between freedom of speech and an individual’s right not to be insulted or abused?
- How can we ensure that proper healthcare is available to people everywhere in the world?
- Is there any way your locality can be made more friendly for cyclists and pedestrian?
Here are a few final ideas for a problem solution essay.
- How can athletes mentally prepare for occasional or even frequent defeat?
- Is sports training too difficult for young children? How should youngsters be taught their chosen sport?
- How can steroid use be limited or eliminated in sport?
- How should someone prepare if they are to succeed at a particular sport?
- Can anything be done to make your local sports team more successful and/or can local support be improved?
- How can professional sportsmen and women mentally prepare themselves for injury or even retirement?
- Do you think your favorite sporting venue could be improved and how?
- How can coaches incentivize their players to improve performance?
- How much payment do you think players of your favorite sport should get? Should payments be somehow divided or capped?
- Should those who participate in college sports get paid? Can colleges improve the effectiveness of athletics and sports education?
- Could the media cover a sport you follow better? Do some games get better coverage than other types?